The hotel offers the following:
- 92 well-appointed Deluxe Rooms, facing the Indian Ocean with either two single beds or one double bed and mosquito nets. They all have tea/coffee making facilities, a electronic safe, a minibar, air condition, a direct dial telephone, a 32” flat screen television with a choice of international and national programs (Satellite). The bathrooms all have showers, and are equipped with a hair dryer, a telephone, and guest amenities such as shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, shower cap and soap.
- 4 Suites of which 2 are Executive Suites, facing the Indian Ocean with a King size bed and mosquito net. They all have tea/coffee making facilities, an electronic safe, a minibar, a direct dial telephone, air condition, a 42” flat screen television with a choice of international and national programs (Satellite). The bathrooms all have showers, and are equipped with a hair dryer, a telephone, and guest amenities such as shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, a vanity kit, shower cap and soap. The executive Suites have a Jacuzzi in them. The Suites have a private garden with sunbeds and umbrellas.
- All rooms and suites are accessible through the VingCard electronic card System for the protection of our guests and are equipped with energy saving system.
Facilities & Services
A Fitness Room with Technogym equipment is at the disposal of our guests free of charge. However the following rates will apply to non-resident guests:
- Daily rate: USD 15 per adult or (must be over 14 years to use the gym equipment); this rate includes hotel entrance fee, use of fitness room and swimming pool with hotel towel and sunbed
- Weekly rate: USD 50.00
- Monthly rate: USD 150
- 3-months rate: USD 350
- Annual rate: USD 1,000
- A Membership card and VIP Card will be issued to those concerned by the Management.
Entrance Fee to Hotel (weekends only):
- Non Resident Guests will be subject to the following rates at the Gate during weekends:
- Adult: USD 5 or Tshs. 8,000/- on Saturdays from 10.am to 6pm, Child under 12 years: USD 2.5 or Tshs. 4,000/-: this entitles access into the hotel, use of the pool, use of chairs, sunbeds. Pool Towel Cards will be available at the Reception for a deposit of USD 10 or Tshs. 20,000/- to be refunded once the card is returned.
- On Sundays the following package will be on offer:
- Sunday buffet lunch at USD 25 per adult and USD 15 for children up to 12 years old. This includes hotel entrance fee, buffet lunch, and use of Pool with sunbeds and chairs, special entertainment (live music), Afternoon Tea & Wireless Internet, as well as children animation. Monies to be collected at the main gate and ticket or receipt to be presented to the restaurant staff at the restaurant. A la Carte Menu will also be available at lunchtime on Sundays.
- For those who will not be having the buffet, the entrance fees will be as follows: Adult: USD 5 or Tshs. 8,000/- from 10.am to 6pm, Child under 12 years: USD 2.5 or Tshs. 4,000/-: this entitles access into the hotel, use of the pool, use of sunbeds, special entertainment (live music between 12.30pm and 3pm), children animation, but does not include food & beverage. Should they decide to go for the buffet, lunch buffet price will apply. The A La Carte Menu will also be available.
Transport & excursions:
- Airport Transfer: airport – hotel USD 50.00 per person minimum two people one way. USD 80.00 per person return. Kids at USD 25.00 one way.
- Shopping Trip to Dar es Salaam: departure from Hotel at 9.00 am, return from town at 1.30 pm. Identify drop off point in town, minimum 4 pax; reduction for kids. Shopping trips will be programmed 3 times per week. Places to be visited in and around town:
- The National Museum houses the famous fossil discoveries of zinjanthropus (nutcracker man) from Olduvai Gorge, plus some scattered but intriguing displays on numerous other topics, including the Shirazi civilisation of Kilwa, the Zanzibar slave trade, and the German and British colonial periods. For aficionados of vintage autos, there’s a small special collection in the plaza between the main buildings, including the Rolls Royce used first by the British colonial government and later by Julius Nyerere, and the original East African Community Mercedes Benz. In the back building are a couple of old wooden bicycles – one of which uses no metal at all. The museum is near the Botanical Gardens, between Samora Ave and Sokoine Dr and is open between 9.30 am and 6.00 pm.
- Botanical Gardens: Opposite Karimjee Hall, Dar es Salaam’s languishing botanical gardens date from the German colonial era. They are now just a fraction of their original size.
- The Village Museum: The centrepiece of the open-air Village Museum is a collection of authentically constructed dwellings illustrating traditional life in various parts of Tanzania. There are Ngoma (drumming and dancing) performances from 4pm to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday, plus occasional special afternoon programs highlighting the dances of individual tribes. Located on the way to Dar es Salaam at approximately 20 kms from the hotel.
- Mwenge’s Carvers Market: This market, opposite the Village Museum, and just off New Bagamoyo Rd, is packed with vendors, and you can watch carvers at work. Located in Mwenge next to Mlimani City Shopping Centre. 35 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- The Kivukoni Fish Market: For a gentle initiation into Dar es Salaam’s markets, head to the fish market, near Kivukoni Front. It’s fairly calm as urban markets go, and you can watch fish auctions. Located in Dar es Salaam Town.
- White Father’s Mission House: Just northeast of St Joseph’s Cathedral, this is one of the oldest buildings in the city, reportedly originally used to house Sultan Majid’s harem.
- Mlimani City Shopping Mall, Dar es Salaam: Enjoy this fully enclosed mall with air-conditioning. One of Dar es Salaam's latest shopping centers, the Mlimani includes a sizeable cinema multiplex, a Shoprite supermarket, and dozens of boutiques and eateries. It is located at a 35 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- Tinga Tinga Arts in Tanzania: Tanzania has produced dozens of talented artists, especially those who paint in the style of traditional African hut paintings. This technique was made famous by Edward Saidi Tingatinga, an artist of the 1950s and 1960s who made the style popular. For more information, go to http://tinga-tinga.com/. It is located on the Peninsula at approximately 20 kms from the Hotel. And is open daily from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- Kunduchi Wet ‘N’ Wild: This largest water park in East Africa located 10 mins away from the hotel which has several pools, water slides, video arcades, a small playground, an adjoining go-kart track and a restaurant. Although the complex opens at 9am, the slides and pools usually don’t get going until closer to 10am.
- The Slipway in Dar es Salaam: This notable Dar es Salaam shopping and leisure center is a popular spot on the posh Msasani Peninsula near the Dar es Salaam Yacht Club. There are four waterfront restaurants from which to choose including Azuma, which serves sushi. The Slipway is also home to a bookstore, supermarket, and traditional souk market. For more information go to http://www.slipway.net/.
- Boat Trip to Mbudya Island, daily , minimum 6 pax. Includes park fees, snorkeling gear, soft drinks. The boat departs from the hotel. 30 minutes boat ride to the island.
- Safari options:
- Short trips or weekend getaways to Mikumi National Park or Selous National Park, reachable by either 4x4 vehicle (4 to 6 hours drive) and by air (one to two hours) where the Big Five can be spotted or Sadaani National Park located along the coast past Bagamoyo.
- Dar city Tour. Dar Es Salaam is 25 km south of the hotel.
- Bagamoyo Historical Tour: now considered as a World Heritage Site, Bagamoyo is the original capital of German East Africa; visit the Kaole Ruins, Mwanamakuka Graves, Caravan Sirai, the Catholic Museum and the first Post Office in Central& Eastern Africa. 50 km from the hotel – one hour drive.
- Overnight on Spice Island, Zanzibar with cultural tour of Stone Town and a visit to a spice farm
All the above to be booked from the Business Centre opposite the Reception
The hotel features two shops, one being a gift shop selling African traditional carvings and handcrafts, T-shirts, pareos, sun creams, alkaline batteries, recharge vouchers for mobile phones, post cards and stamps and envelopes, tradional paintings, books, etc.. the other one being a jewelry shop selling African jewelry, Tanzanite Stones, Gold etc..
The hotel features a Kids Club Animator on site who takes care of the children aged 4 to 12 years of age and offers various activities, such as face painting, sand castle building, indoor games, etc.. and also accompanies them during their meals.
On weekends an inflatable bouncing castle can be hired for use by the children.
- The hotel has two hard court Tennis Courts. Tennis racquets and balls are available from the Reception.
- Diving will be possible through the Dive Centre located nearby the hotel and where dive courses are on offer. Kindly contact the reception for booking.
- Volleyball on the beach is also part of the hotel’s animation program
a-Full Day Conference Package per person (rates on request) inclusive of:
- Venue Hire for minimum 15 pax.
- Provision of welcome desk with small floral arrangement
- Morning Tea/Coffee break served with croissants and selection of freshly baked pastries, tea and coffee, juices (choice of two), water.
- Lunch served in our buffet restaurant inclusive of two soft drinks or one bottled water per person.
- Afternoon Tea/Coffee break served with tea and coffee, a selection of cookies/dry cakes or hot finger food, juices (choice of two), water, tea/coffee.
- Note pads, paper & pencils, water (two per person) and mints, 1 x LCD overhead projector and screen, 1 x Flipchart and marker pens, P.A. system with one podium and microphone.
- TV and Video available on request
- Any additional LCD projector is charged.
b-Half Day Conference Package per person (rates on request) with Lunch inclusive of:
- Venue Hire for minimum 15 pax.
- Provision of welcome desk with small floral arrangement.
- Morning Tea/Coffee break served with croissants and selection of freshly baked pastries, coffee and tea, juices (choice of two), water
- Lunch served on our buffet restaurant inclusive of two soft drinks or one bottle of water per person.
- Note pad, paper and pencil, 1 x water per person and mints, 1 x LCD overhead projector and screen, 1 x Flipchart and Marker Pens, P.A. system with podium and microphone
- TV & Video available on request.
- Any additional LCD projector is charged
c-Half Day Conference Package per person without Lunch (rates on request).
Please note that all conference package rates quoted are inclusive of 18% VAT and are valid until December 2012.
|Microphone Set with one||Yes|
|Amplifier & 1 Hand Microphone||Yes|
|CD Player||Additional charge|
|Hand Microphone Wireless/Cabled 20/15 With pedestal stand||Additional charge|
|Lapel Microphone||Additional charge|
|Flipchart and Text Markers||Yes|
|Internet Access (not for video) Incl. in Venue Hire||Yes|
This Centre offers facials, manicure, pedicure, waxing, henna painting, hair breading (African style), massage.
Food & Beverage
1-The main restaurant namely Kaskazi Restaurant located on the upper deck in main building serving full buffet breakfast, and dinner (theme buffets such as Swahili, Seafood, Italian, Asian, Indian Curries, etc..) or a Table d’hôte Menu depending on number of guests residing in the hotel. This restaurant will be open daily for:
The hotel operates two restaurants as follows:
a) Breakfast from 7.00 am to 10.00 am (10.30 am on Sundays)
b) Dinner from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm
c) A Sunday Lunch Buffet served from 12.00 noon to 3.00 pm
- Seafood Buffet
- Sunday Buffet Lunch slightly higher due to entertainment being provided during lunch and also includes entrance fee to hotel from outside guests.
- Buffet menus served at dinner will be themed i.e. East African, Seafood, Asian, Indian Curries, Far Eastern, Italian, Continental, BBQ.
2- An A La Carte Restaurant namely Jahazi Restaurant located at the Pool side. This restaurant is serving essentially seafood and fish dishes but also a variety of Chinese, Indian and African dishes, not to forget the ever popular pasta dishes, Pizzas, salads and mouthwatering sandwiches.
This restaurant is open daily from 12.00 noon to 3.00pm for lunch and from 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm for dinner
We will be serving a BBQ around the swimming pool once a week on the weekend when there will be a live music group and African Shows such as Traditional Dancers or Acrobats.
3-Conference / Weddings / Banqueting:
A selection of Menus will be prepared by the Executive Chef for conference breaks and lunches, weddings, and any other functions that we will be able to hold in our hotel.
A Room Service Menu, prepared by our Executive Chef is available in the rooms daily from 7.00 am to 11.00 pm.
The hotel operates two bars as follows:
- Mapenzi Bar, located in the main building on the upper floor by the main restaurant. This bar is essentially serving international cocktails, soft drinks, water, juices, beers and wines and is open daily from 3.00 pm to 11.00 pm, since lunch is served at the A La Carte Outlet at the Poolside.
- Pool Bar: This bar is located in the pool (sunken), and is operating daily from 10.00 am to 11.00 pm.
- On busy periods, a third bar will be operated at the poolside located next to the open kitchen
Ledger Plaza Bahari Beach Hotel
Kunduchi Mtongeni Road, off Old Bagamayo Road.
P.O.Box. 9312, Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Tel: + 255 (22) 5550301 / 2650301
Fax: +255 (22) 2650306
Mail : email@example.com
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org